Ben Weinberger, co-Founder and CEO of Digitalsmiths, was invited to the President’s Council on Jobs and Competitiveness meeting held this week here in North Carolina. This committee was formed to focus on figuring out ways to grow the economy. Austan Goolsbee, Chairman of the Council of Economic Advisors, chaired the meeting. The full list of attendees included:
- Steve Case, Chairman and CEO, Revolution; Chairman, Startup America Partnership
- Austan Goolsbee, Chair, Council of Economic Advisors
- Dick Parsons, Chairman, Citigroup
- Sheryl Sandberg, Chief Operating Officer, Facebook
- Ben Weinberger, CEO, Digitalsmiths
- Robert Wolf, Chairman, UBS Americas
Ben took away three major themes from the discussion: the importance of technology transfer out of universities, examining the citizenship issues for highly qualified employees, and increasing the access to venture capital. It was an honor to be included in such an important discussion on improving America’s competitiveness.